Return to subjects
|What e-mail programs do you support?|
Our server can communicate with any 3rd party mail program, including those included with IE (outlook), Netscape, Mac, Mac OX.
What is webmail?
Web mail is the ability to check your e-mail through your web browser through a software included on our server. No installation is required on your part. These programs are already on our server.
We include neomail, squirlmail, and horde as webmail clients.
You may choose whichever program you like the most.
What webmail programs do you offer?
You have your choice between 3 pre-installed webmail programs: Neomail, Horde, and Squirlmail.
Does your server block any file extentions through e-mail?
Yes. Our anti-virus software blocks most executable attachements. This includes, but is not limited to: .exe, .bat, .vbs, .com, .pif
Our server does allow .zip, .doc, .xls, .pdf, .ppt
How do I setup my e-mail in Outlook/Outlook Express?
We have created a step-by-step instruction guide for setting up your e-mail accounts, which may be found here:
My e-mail isn't working, what do I do?
Here are things you should check for.
1. Make sure you have setup the e-mail account in cpanel
2. Make sure you have setup the e-mail account correctly on Outlook - we have step-by-step instructions here: http://www.interxstream.com/emailquick.php
3. Make sure you have the box "my server requires authentication" checked in Outlook.
4. If outgoing mail is giving you a problem, try to change your outgoing mail port to port 25.
5. For your main e-mail account (the one that is the same as your cpane username) your e-mail username will just be "yourusername". For any non-default accounts (accounts that you have created), the username will be "firstname.lastname@example.org"
6. If using MAC, you may need to use "e-mailaccount+yourdomain" as the username.
If none of these options are working and Outlook is still giving you an error, please copy the exact error (including the error code, which should be a string something like OX00010B, and open a support ticket at: http://www.interxstream.com/osticket/open.php
Be sure to include the following information in your support ticket:
1. The e-mail account that is having the problem.
2. The password for that account
3. Detailed description of the problem (not just my e-mail isn't working). Things like if it is just incomming mail or outgiong mail, or both. Or if this happens randomly or every time you try to connect to mail
4. The exact error message you are getting.
I can recieve mail, but not send. Why?
1. The first thing to check is to make sure you have the box that says "my outgoing server requires authentication checked" Follow the steps below:
1. Open Outlook
2. Click on "Tools->Email Accounts"
3. Check "change account" then click "next"
4. Choose the account you are having troubles with.
4. Click the "change" button
5. Click the "more settings" button
6. Choose the "Outgoing Server" tab
7. Check the "my server requires authentication" box.
8. Click the "use same settings as my incomcing server" box
9. Click "OK"
10. Click "next"
11. Click "finished"
If that is setup properly, another problem that has been occuring often is that ISP (your internet provider) have started to block port 25. For that reason we have opened our mail server on port 26.
So the next step is to change your outgoing port from 25 to 26.
Follow steps 1-5 above.
6. Choose the "Advanced" tab
7. Change the outgoing port to port 26
8. Click "OK"
9. Click "next"
10. Click "finished"
I am getting an error message that says "cannot connect to server"
Close your Outlook. Wait 15 minutes and then try re-open Outlook.
If you are still getting the error afterwards, open a support ticket at http://helpdesk.interxstream.com with the follownig information:
1. E-mail address that is having problem.
2. Password for that account
3. Approximate time error began to occur
4. Exact error message you recieving, including the error code
FAQ Page Maker provided *free* by Kevin L. Ocasio