Return to subjects
|What should I expect just after I signup?|
You will receive an email message containing your New Account Information. The email message should appear within 30 minutes of signup. Included will be your IP address, login information, and username and password data.
How do I start?
After receiving the email message with your account information, you should test your account by logging into your account control panel and trying to connect to your account via an FTP client.
How do I access my control panel?
There are several methods of accessing your control panel through a web browser. You can use:
3. http://youraccountIPaddress:2082/ [example, http://18.104.22.168:2082]
What can I do with my control panel?
Your control panel is main point of setup and configuration for your web site. You can set up email boxes, create subdomains, check your site traffic statistics, administer mailing lists, and change your password; among other functions.
How do I get my web site files from my computer to my Hosting company's web server?
You only need FTP client software on your computer. An FTP client will allow you to connect to your web hosting account. Once connected, you will be able to transfer your web site files (html files, php files, etc.) from you computer to the web server over your Internet connection.
Where do I place my scripts?
CGI scripts are placed in the "cgi-bin" directory. That directory is in the "public_html" directory. One exception is php scripts. They can be placed anywhere in your public_html directory.
Where do I place my web pages after connecting to my account via FTP?
When you first connect to a FTP account, you may see several folders. You should place your web site pages in the public_html directory.
How do I obtain an FTP client?
There are many free FTP client software packages available for download. One popular FTP client is called WS_FTP LE. It is available for download at http://www.ftpplanet.com/download.htm.
How do I invoke the SSL certificate for my site?
If you wish to call a secure script, you can do this by using the following URL's, depending on your server IP address:
IP address 22.214.171.124: https://secure.interxstream.com/~yourusername/directorytoform/formname.html
IP address 126.96.36.199: https://secure.ixsweb.com/~yourusername/directorytoform/formname.html
IP address 188.8.131.52: https://secure2.ixsweb.com/~yourusername/directorytoform/formname.html
IP address 184.108.40.206
IP address 220.127.116.11
IP address 18.104.22.168
IP address 22.214.171.124
That URL will use SSL to call your form.
Not sure what your IP address, or don't see your IP address listed, contact email@example.com, and be sure to list your domain name.
I have uploaded my files, why can't I get to my site through the Internet still?
If you have transferred your domain, your new nameserver settings may not yet have propagated throughout all top-level domain servers. It takes 24-48 hours for this information to be updated after you change your domain name DNS settings with your Registrar. Sometimes, lower-level nameservers cache (temporarily store) the old nameserver settings for your domain. If you are on a Windows 2000 or XP system, you might try opening a command prompt and executing the command "ipconfig /flushdns".
What is a nameserver?
A nameserver is a computer on the Internet that directs web surfers to the web servers hosting web sites.
Can I register a domain name through InterXstream?
Yes. InterXstream now offers domain registration when signing up for a new account. The cost to have InterXstream purchase the domain name for you is $15.00 per year.
I want InterXstream to register my domain, how do I do this?
When signing up, choose "I want interxstream to register my domain" on the first step. The cost will be $15.00 per year.
If you wish to purchase the domain name seperate from hosting, visit http://www.ixsdomains.com
What if I want to register Multiple Domains?
Please contact InterXstream at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to assist you in registering the domains.
I changed my nameserver settings with my domain Registrar over 48 hours ago, but why doesn't my site come up under the name?
There are several possibilities for the slow update of your information.
1. The PC from which you are attempting to access your site is holding on to your old site location info. If the operating system of your PC is Windows 2000 / XP, you might try running the command "ipconfig /flushdns". This will purge any old dns information.
2. The local nameserver which provides your Internet connection (dial-up, dsl, or cable modem), has not yet purged the old IP information. In some rare cases, local nameservers will hold onto old location information for up to one-month.
Where are the Shopping cart, bulletin board and etc. scripts?
In your control panel (cpanel), there are many addtional scripts under the "Fantastico (More Scripts)" in the "Auto-installing Scripts" section.
Click on that and you will be taken to a location where you may install 50+ free scripts/tools.
What if I already have an account and wish to purchase an additional domain?
You will need to log into your client area. This is different than your cpanel. Your client area username/password were e-mailed to you when you first signed up.
You may login to the client area here:
If you do not remember your username/password you may retrieve the password by entering your e-mail in the retrieve username/password section.
Once logged in you will see a button that says "place new order". Click on that button and you will be able to go through the processo of setting up another package.
I've uploaded my files, but all I see is a directory listing of my files
You must name your home page one of the following:
Where do I upload my files?
You must upload your files to the "public_html" directory.
How can I password protect a directory?
1. Log into your cpanel
2. click on "web protect" under the Site Management Section
3. Choose the directory you wish to protect. (one note about this - if you click on the name of the directory you are choosing that directory. If you click on the folder to the left of the name it will open the contents of the folder so you can choose subfolders if you like).
4. After choosing a folder to protect check the box that says "Folder requires a password to access via http://"
5. Enter a name in the "protected source name". This can be anything you like.
6. Click Save.
7. Click "Go Back"
8. Add a Username and Password
9. Click "add user"
How do I add accounts to my reseller or triple domain account?
1. Log into your WHM
2. Click on “create a new account” under the Account Functions section
3. Enter the Domain name in
4. Enter a username (max. of 8 character)
5. Enter a password
6. Click "Select Options Manually" under the resources section.
7. Enter a quota. The quota is the amount of space you are allocating to this account
8. Make sure IP box is not checked
9. Make sure Cgi Access is checked
10. Make sure shell access is not checked (unless you want you plan on using shell – most people don’t)
11. Make sure the Front page extensions box is checked (if you are going to use front page)
12. Enter 999 in for all fields from “Max ftp” down to “addon domains”
Enter your bandwidth allocation for this account
13. Choose “x3” from the pull down menu called “Cpanel Theme”
14. Leave IP address and Package as they are
15. Enter a contact e-mail in for this account. This is the e-mail address that will be notified of any account changes, bandwidth or quota limits.
16. Click “Create account” at the bottom
I've uploaded my files, but I don't see them anywhere?
Check to see that you uploaded your files to the public_html directory.
If they are in the public_html directory, contact email@example.com
FAQ Page Maker provided *free* by Kevin L. Ocasio